Author: The Auction Collective
Published: 01 Jul 2022
Chief Technology Officer
The Auction Collective
A rapidly growing auction platform that helps brands, artists, galleries and charities run online and in-person auctions.
Our expertise is in affordable contemporary art, but we’ve helped clients sell everything from charity experiences to George Michael’s piano, and with starting prices from £10 - $200,000.
Inclusive, friendly and hardworking, we react quickly to market opportunities and our client’s needs. We learn from the past and present market offerings but, being agile and innovative, we create much better ways of running auctions by using new technologies and redefining traditional ways of working.
Our aim is to enable anyone in the world to enjoy the advantages and fun of running their own auction. So, there are some extremely exciting times ahead including: expanding into new sale categories, growing our international network of sellers and launching a new piece of software for users to run auctions from their own websites - think Shopify meets Ebay as a scalable SaaS product (read more).
We are beyond excited about this catalytic moment for the business and the opportunity to grow the team.
Read our full story.
What you’ll get out of the Role
This is a chance to pioneer the creation of a fast growing and innovative ecommerce SaaS business that will be a game-changer across a variety of industries.
You will work closely with the CEO on the technical and product roadmaps that will shape the future of our company, and take the lead on all of our technical operations.
As our first in-house tech role, it is an opportunity to be involved at the start of a new exciting period of growth and a chance to build a team and tech stack to meet your vision.
The role also includes:
- An individual bonus as well as a team bonus
- 25 days of annual leave plus public holidays (8 in the UK)
- All the benefits of a WeWork office: Free coffee, beer, pool table, ping pong.
- Flexible working (suggested: 3 days in Marylebone and 2 from home)
- Inclusion in The Auction Collective pension plan
- ‘Work from anywhere’ August
- Stock options
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working with the CEO to create and execute the tech road map for the business and our products, including anticipating decisions that could influence the technical direction of the company.
- Staying ahead of the latest tech trends and innovations, while assessing which ones will further enhance our innovative vision.
- Researching and defining the tech stack for our custom-built software, and that of our daily business operations (e.g., email marketing, payment processing, data analytics).
Delivery & Scale
- Working with the CEO to lead the design, build and roll out of our new SaaS product.
- Working with team members from across the business to translate the needs of customers and colleagues into technical solutions.
- Defining our quality assurance processes by creating testing systems and feedback loops for the launch of new products and features.
- Leading the maintenance and development of our existing tech products.
- Building a high-performing technical team, including defining which resources are inhouse and those that are outsourced.
- Creating a culture where the tech team can thrive and build their careers.
- Developing strong relationships with our technical suppliers and partners (e.g., agencies and consultants).
About our future CTO
We are looking for someone with experience in:
- Developing SaaS products from initial idea to MVP and rollout.
- Technical strategies and cloud-based software development methods.
- Growing and managing an inhouse and outsourced tech team.
- Be able to communicate complicated technical details to non-technical people.
- Have a strong understanding of new and emerging technologies.
- Have a passion for building top quality products that whole team can take pride in.
- Have an ambitious determination to constantly analyse and improve tech products.
- Be a great team player that is motivated, proactive and thrives on problem solving.
- Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]. (Deadline for applications: 18 July 2022)
- First Interview – To get to know each other and hear about your experiences.
- Second Interview – You meet more of the team to discuss the role in more detail.
- Start date – As soon as you can…