Author: The Auction Collective
Published: 06 Jul 2022
Customer Experience Manager
The Auction Collective
A rapidly growing auction platform that helps brands, artists, galleries and charities run online and in-person auctions.
Our expertise is in affordable contemporary art, but we’ve helped clients sell everything from charity experiences to George Michael’s piano, and with starting prices from £10 - $200,000.
Inclusive, friendly and hardworking, we react quickly to market opportunities and our client’s needs. We learn from the past and present market offerings but, being agile and innovative, we create much better ways of running auctions by using new technologies and redefining traditional ways of working.
Our aim is to enable anyone in the world to enjoy the advantages and fun of running their own auction. So, there are some extremely exciting times ahead including: expanding into new sale categories, growing our international network of sellers and launching a new piece of software for users to run auctions from their own websites - think Shopify meets Ebay as a scalable SaaS product (read more).
We are beyond excited about this catalytic moment for the business and the opportunity to grow the team.
Read our full story.
What You’ll Get out of the Role
An outstanding customer experience is at the centre of everything we do. As a champion for the customer experience, you will play a key role in informing the continuous development of our existing products, as well as the design of our new SaaS product that will be a game-changer across a variety of industries.
Working closely with the CEO and CTO, you will help translate the needs of customers into actionable product development and see your ideas deployed and rolled out to customers.
As our first dedicated Customer Experience role, it is an opportunity to be involved at the start of an exciting period of growth and a chance to design an environment of outstanding customer experience to match your vision.
The role also includes:
- Individual bonus as well as team bonus
- 25 days of annual leave plus public holidays (8 in the UK)
- All the benefits of a WeWork office: Free coffee, beer, pool table, ping pong.
- Flexible working (suggested: 3 days in Marylebone and 2 from home)
- Inclusion in The Auction Collective pension plan
- ‘Work from anywhere’ August
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working with the CEO to create and execute an Outstanding Customer Experience strategy that supports our growth (including defining which resources are inhouse vs outsourced).
- Working with the CTO to review the latest tech trends and innovations that could enhance our customers’ experience.
- Mapping the different customer journeys across the business and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that each touchpoint across the customers’ journey is engaging, efficient, and effective.
Monitoring, Analysing and Learning
- Creating a system to monitor and understand customers’ experiences.
- Understanding our customer’s needs for both our existing and new products (through interviews, workshops, feedback loops and listening points in the customer journey).
- Sharing quantitative and qualitative customer data with the team to improve our products and customer experience.
- Testing and analysing new strategies to increase customer retention and customer satisfaction.
- Managing and responding to, or triaging, customer enquiries from our general inbox and phone line.
- Working with the Digital Marketing team to monitor and respond to enquiries through social media.
About our future Customer Experience Manager
We are looking for someone with experience in:
- Providing outstanding customer service.
- Critical and creative thinking to improve customer satisfaction.
- Be an excellent and courteous communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Be a great team player that is motivated, proactive and thrives on problem solving.
- Have an ambitious determination to constantly analyse and improve the customer experience.
- Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]. (Deadline for applications: 25 July 2022)
- First Interview – To get to know each other and hear more about your experiences.
- Second Interview – You meet more of the team to discuss the role in more detail.
- Start date – As soon as you can…