Published: 07 Sep 2023
Social Media Manager
Inclusive, friendly and hardworking, we are a rapidly growing auction platform with bold ambitions to enable anyone in the world to run their own professional auction.
Our clients range from global luxury brands to independent sellers running commercial and fundraising auctions in the art, luxury, wine, sport, music and film industries. Read our full story.
Through our in-person and online auction services, we’ve helped clients sell everything from miniature artwork and charity experiences, to multi-million dollar watches, F1 cars and even George Michael’s piano.
After four consecutive years of doubling the auctions we support and enable, we are now launching a new software platform for users to run auctions from their own websites - think the auction version of Shopify.
We are beyond excited about this catalytic moment for the business and the opportunity for you to join the team.
Not only will you work with some of the world’s most exciting auction content, you will also join a fast growing, energetic and innovative tech company that is set to change the future of the auction and ecommerce industry.
As our first dedicated Social Media Manager, you will work closely with our CEO to create a social media strategy and roadmap that will shape the future of our brand identity.
It is an opportunity to be involved at the start of an exciting period of growth for the company and a chance to build and define a social media presence to meet your vision.
The role also includes:
- An individual bonus, as well as a team bonus
- 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays
- Opportunities for travel
- Remote working
- ‘Work from anywhere’ August
- All the benefits of a WeWork office: free coffee, beer, pool table, ping pong etc.
- Inclusion in The Auction Collective pension plan
- 4 day work week (TBC - we are piloting this in 2023)
- Salary level - dependent on experience
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working with the CEO to create a social media strategy for our sellers and buyers
- Staying ahead of the latest social media trends, design tools and tech products while assessing which ones will enhance our strategy
- Defining our key performance indicators to monitor campaigns and strategies
- Increasing brand awareness, customer engagement and sales of both our auction services as well as our sellers’ auction lots
- Managing and monitoring our social media accounts, including inbound and outbound engagement with our followers
- Collaborating with our clients, Auction Advisors and Product Teams to generate content and campaigns, including blogs, articles and multimedia posts
- Supporting and advising our sellers on their social media campaigns
- Project managing campaigns, open calls, paid advertising and influencer partnerships
MEL (Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning)
- Creating monthly and quarterly reports on growth, our KPIs and ROI
- Continuously monitoring, evaluating and learning from our social media data including SEO, web traffic, and engagement metrics
About our Future Social Media Manager
We are looking for a great team player that is motivated, proactive, thrives on problem solving and has experience in:
- Managing and growing online communities
- Creating engaging content, particular for Instagram, LinkedIn and Youtube
- Developing social media strategies
You must have:
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Effective time-management skills for scheduling and planning daily content
- A strong understanding of digital marketing, such as SEO and web traffic metrics
- A passion for building a top quality and inclusive brand
- An ambitious determination to constantly analyse and improve
First, please submit your online profile via LinkedIn here with your detailed Resume/CV by 21st September 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview:
- First Interview – To get to know each other and hear about your experiences
- Second Interview – A deep dive into your approach to the role
- Third Interview – You meet more of the team and we get get to know each other more
Then after the reference checks are complete, we will confirm your offer and together set your start date (which will be as soon as you can).