The Breath Project is a collaboration by Zanny Mellor, artist and designer, and Hannah Payne, Founder at The Art Five. The project was conceived with an aim to present exhibitions and projects to support artists, and people affected by the global pandemic. The launch exhibition Rhythm Adjust will raise funds for Frontline 19, an independent UK nationwide service delivering free, confidential psychological support to NHS and frontline workers who are, or have been working on the frontline of Covid-19.
Co-curated by Zanny and Hannah, Rhythm Adjust, is a non-profit exhibition presented online and hosted by The Auction Collective bringing together 20 international contemporary artists and 30 artworks that consider breath, from abstract gesture to representation and processes found in nature and the body.
Working in a range of media from painting, printmaking, analogue photography and textiles, some artists explore sequencing and repetitive movements, creating a sense of calm in their order, while others create works that have a vaporous quality, or tension, seeming to hover somewhere between presence and remembrance. Natural subjects remind us of our physicality and connection to the wider health of our ecosystems, and consider the importance of nature as a place for wellbeing, whether real or imagined.
See the full press release here.
Online Viewing Room
21 May - 11 June
Ends, 11 June 7 pm
2. Barbara NichollsDiscontinuous Ring
Work on Paper, 38 x 28 cm.
3. Barbara NichollsFormication
Work on paper, 38.8 x 48 x 3 cm.
9. Tamsin RellyCircles in the Woods (Finland No. 4)
Painting, 21 x 29 cm.
18. Justine FormentelliThe Leviathan beneath
Painting, 59.4 x 42 cm.
19. Yelena PopovaGreen Oval (from Sun Paths Series)
Painting, 61 x 73.5 cm.
21. Anna Liber LewisThinking About Breath (part of the NO series)
Work on paper, 56 x 38 cm.
22. Anna Liber LewisWith all of my senses, every cell of my being (part of the NO series)
Work on paper, 56 x 28 cm.
27. Becky AllenStudy for 'Humana del Niebla'
Mixed Media, 50 x 50 x 2 cm.
28. Becky AllenWarp (Saq’achiij & Verde)
Mixed Media, 45 x 90 x 2 cm.
30. Marion PiperThe Link (Blue/6 )
Work on paper, 30.5 x 22.9 cm.
32. James RogersThere was a hot air balloon searching the sea for you, so I tied you to the sky (Rare unicorns)
Print, 38 x 48 cm.