The Auction Collective strives to ensure a fair, trustworthy, professional and enjoyable customer experience. As such we ask our staff, partners and clients to adhere to the code of conduct principles outlined below.
- Impartiality – by treating everyone equally
- Inclusivity – by creating an environment where everyone is welcome
- Confidentiality – by respecting our client’s and any sensitive data
- Professionality – by working to high standards
- Enjoyability – by making our work fun for all involved
Act fairly at all times by treating all customers and partners equally. Unfair behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Actions that intentionally damage the reputation of other clients using the platform
- Favouring one buyer over another
- Price-Fixing Activities such as
- ‘Bidding up’ an item with no intention to buy the item, but the sole intention to increase the final price for another bidder
- Colluding with others bidders to bid against each other to a pre-agreed level
- Agreeing to give, or receive, a reward for abstaining to bid on an auction item
The Auction Collective carry out regular spot-checks for price fixing, however if you suspect anyone of engaging in price fixing activities, please immediately contact The Auction Collective Director ([email protected]).
If applicable, persons involved with this practice will be banned from using The Auction Collective platform. In some circumstances, they can be reported to the Competition’s Market Authority for breaching The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, which protects consumers from unfair, misleading or aggressive selling practices.
Create an environment where everyone is accepted, respected and empowered. All of our clients and partners must:
- Look at their activities and ensure that they are doing the most they can to enable a diverse community to feel confident in engaging with them.
- Not treat any individual differently because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, serious diseases or any other factor.
Respect the right to privacy. Any sensitive data, including but not limited to personal information, reserve prices, transactional data, and contact details, must be treated in a confidential and professional manner both during and after working with The Auction Collective.
Work to high standards of professional service when engaging with customers and clients. Professional activities include, but are not limited to:
- Timely responses to requests for information
- The use of polite and respectful language
- Adhering to the highest industry standards of work
Create an atmosphere that makes engaging with your activities at The Auction Collective enjoyable and fun for all involved.